The buzz is all about Video SEO and there are plenty of ways to do it. Some may proove to be wrong while some can be right. I will be leaving the wrong ones out here and will be trying to concentrate on the right way to do it. Before I move ahead with the Video SEO thing, I would like you to F5 your mind about the “traditional SEO methods”. for those who think its a big and difficult task, I should assure them, if you know about traditional html SEO, and rate yourself above 5 out of 10 in aptitude, then its a piece of cake. Here we go :-
- CREATE RELEVANT VIDEOS:- Relevance has been the buzz word for search engines and will always be. Make sure the video you upload should be relevant to your website.
- CREATE SHORT VIDEOS:- There is no thumb rule for video length but considering human psychology (which forms basis of search results, after all search engines are dedicated to provide what people search for) ideal length should be 1 min to 1.30 mins. You can go uptill 3 mins or 4 mins, but surely your content needs to be excellent to hook up viewers till that.
- KEYWORD SPAMMING:- AVOID IT. Do not spam your video’s title, description, tags.
- USE KEYWORDS EFFECTIVELY – Use keywords targeted to create Title, Description and Tags, but be sure you don’t spam it. Also your video should be relevant to he keywords and vice-versa.
- For Youtube: use 4:3 dimensions format for uploading your video.
- Ideal place to upload a video is your very own web server, where the website is hosted.
- Share your video. Let people embedd your video in their website.
- Share it on different video sharing websites, if possible with a link back. Try using TubeMogul.com (Its free)
- Get link back to your videos.
- Videos can be in any format.
- If possible create videos in different languages and link them accordingly.
- For each video, you can write the speech/ dialect, for users to read. This will provide you additional text for your website and will make your webpage relevant to your video, not to mention users can use it to understand some thing they miss.
- Think of Viral Marketing, Call for action at end of video.
- Submit your video sitemap. You can use MRSS or XLM sitemaps. Google prefers XML but supports MRSS too. Both have their own advantages and disadvantages. The debate is still on which one is better.
Well, these were few tips on Video SEO. Will post more information about it in near future.